(Photo by Nin Lei)
- Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Race Start: 10:00 a.m
- Pre-Registration Cost: $10.00 USD (Free T-shirt to all pre-registered by Monday, May 22, 2017)
- Day of Registration: $10.00 USD (T-shirt not guaranteed)
- Pre-registration Packet Pick up 8:45-9:45 a.m. at the Crannell Street Parking Area (Near DC Golf located at 10 Crannell Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601)
- Race course: Out and Back -Main Street Poughkeepsie
- Course will be open for 1 hour
DUE TO A HUGE, LAST-MINUTE DEMAND - ALL WALKWAY MARATHON RACES ARE SOLD OUT
Walkway Over the Hudson in partnership with Dutchess County Government and the City of Poughkeepsie will once again host the Think Differently Dash, Saturday, June 10, 10:00 a.m., Main Street, Poughkeepsie. The Think Differently Dash is a one mile run/walk celebrating individuals in our community with special abilities. The run is $10 per person. Guaranteed t-shirts to all pre-registered by May 22, and finisher medals for all participants. Together, we are proud to host this event, and encourage all to get involved either as a participant or as a supportive race buddy.
The Dutchess County ThinkDIFFERENTLY program was created to help with resource referrals and to assist with advocating for necessary and specialized services. The aim is to empower our local residents with physical, cognitive and developmental disabilities, their families and caregivers.
To guarantee your spot in The ThinkDIFFERENTLY dash click on the register now button below.
2017 ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash Sponsors and Partners
ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash an ECO-Green Sustainable race
The Walkway Marathon races are VERIFIED green races through Athletes for a Fit Planet. This year, we will continue our efforts to minimize race waste, conserve water, and reduce our carbon footprint include minimal use of printed matter, reused signage, recycling and composting stations at the expo and the race, and locally sourced food at the finish line.
Please assist us in this effort. Already have a closet full of race T-shirts? Choose the T-shirt opt-out option when you register for the race. Carry your own refillable water bottle; hydration stations will be available all along the course, and at the start/finish area. By refilling your bottle, you help us to conserve water.
- There will be day-of registration.
- Participant T-Shirts guaranteed to the first 200 participants only. Participants must be pre-registered by May 22nd. All participants will receive finisher medals.
- All participants for the ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone entering a false date of birth on the registration form will have their registration cancelled without refund.
- Please specify on the race registration if
- Participating independently
- Participating with a partner
- Will be registering alone but request a support person/mentor to run with you the day of the event
- Packet pick up will be held at the Crannell Street Parking Lot.
- Entry is nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash course will be open for 1 hour.
Handicapped toilets will be available at the start/finish area of the ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash. Please DO NOT use private or public property along the course for this purpose.
The ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash team is proud of the many volunteers from local municipalities and who are lending their support for this event. EMT crews will be stationed on the course, and bicyclists will also act as the “eyes and ears” will summoning assistance for those who may need medical attention.
Water will be located at the start and finish line of the ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash.
For safety reasons, organizers strongly recommend that ThinkDIFFERENTLY participants do not use headphones while racing unless medically needed. The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, The Walkway Marathon race committee encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the Walkway Marathon. We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line. Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
Sign Language Interpreters:
Sign Language Interpreters will be provided by Mid-Hudson Interpreter Service, a program of Taconic Resources for Independence, Inc.
For more information, or to become a ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash Mentor, please contact Susanne O’Neil email@example.com