USATF CERTIFIED (GUARANTEED ACCURATE) #NY15022JG
- SUNDAY, JUNE 11, 2017
- WALKWAY FULL MARATHON—$70.00 USD
- LATE REGISTRATION (APRIL 1, 2017)—$80.00 USD
- WHEELCHAIR DIVISION STARTS: 6:45 AM
- RACE START TIME: 7:00 AM
- THE FULL MARATHON COURSE IS OPEN FOR 6.5 HOURS
- We do not provide registration refunds, deferrals, or transfers from one person to another. You may switch the race you registered for if the race is not closed out by Monday, May 22, 2017.
RACE START LOCATION
- MARIST COLLEGE*
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
*park within designated areas at Marist College
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 90 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR RACE.
- There will be no race-day registration.
- All participants for the Full Marathon must be at least 16 years old on race day or if under 16 have parent/guardian approval to run in the race. Anyone entering a false date of birth on the registration form will have their registration cancelled without refund.
- Packet pick up for the FULL MARATHON will be held on both Saturday, June 10, 2017 from 1-7 p.m. at Marist College's McCann Center and on Race Day at the Start/Finish line on Sunday, June 11, 2017 from 5:30-6:30 a.m.
- Entry is non-refundable.
- All runners must maintain a per-mile pace of 15 minutes or better.
- As always, participants with disabilities are welcome to compete. Wheelchair athletes will begin at 6:45 a.m.; pushrim competitors must finish with a time of 2 hours and 30 minutes or more.
BAG DROP/PICK UP:
There will be a clearly marked Bag Drop-Off/Pick-Up area near the start/finish. Runners must use clear bags no substitutions! We cannot be responsible for the contents of your bag, so please do not leave valuables in it.
Due to Homeland Security requirements, unattended bags may be confiscated. Please do not leave your bag unattended anywhere outside of the official bag drop area.
Any clothing items dropped at the start line or along the course will be donated to charity. We cannot return clothing discarded at the start or along the course.
CERTIFICATION AS AN ECO-GREEN SUSTAINABLE RACE:
The Walkway Marathon races are VERIFIED green races through Athletes for a Fit Planet. In 2017, we will continue our efforts to minimize race waste, conserve water, and reduce our carbon footprint include minimal use of printed matter, reused signage, recycling and composting stations at the race, and locally sourced food at the finish line. Please assist us in this effort. Already have a closet full of race T-shirts? Choose the T-shirt opt-out option when you register for the race. Carry your own refillable water bottle; hydration stations will be available all along the course, and at the start/finish area. By refilling your bottle, you help us to conserve water.
A large number of portable toilets will be available at the start/finish area and near each hydration station on the course. Please DO NOT use private or public property along the course for this purpose.
The Walkway Marathon is proud of the many volunteers from local municipalities and healthcare centers who are lending their support for this event. EMT crews and ambulances will be stationed along the course, and medical personnel from the Dutchess County Department of Behavioral and Community Health will staff medical tents at the start/finish area, ready to assist with blisters, cramping, or other health issues. Bicyclists will also act as the “eyes and ears” on the course, summoning assistance for those who need medical attention.
The B tag scoring system will be used to time the race. Scoring mats will be located at the start line, finish line, and at multiple points along the course. Mile markers and time clocks will also be used; because the clocks start when the gun goes off, the time they indicate might not correspond with your actual race time.
Be sure that your race bib is on the front of your shirt or singlet and is visible so that you will receive your official marathon time at the end of the race.
Hydration stations will be located at approximately every 1.5 miles and staffed by volunteer service organizations and others from throughout the Hudson Valley region. Water and and Gatorade will be available at each hydration station, with sports drink served first, water second. The Walkway Marathon organizers aim to keep race waste to a minimum. To help, please bring your own fluid bottle(s), and refill it at the hydration stations as necessary. Compostable cups will be available at each Hydration Station. Energy gel will be available at one location on the course.
For safety reasons, organizers strongly recommend that you do not use headphones while racing. The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, The Walkway Marathon race committee encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the Walkway Marathon. We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line. Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
UNFORTUNATELY THERE WILL BE NO SHOWER FACILITIES AVAILABLE AFTER THE RACE.