ROAD CLOSURES FOR THIS WEEKEND
SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2016
No Parking, starting 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Main Street from Market East to Hamilton Street. Cars parked here during these hours will be towed by the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
Road closures in the area will be in place between 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., as follows:
- Main Street will be closed to all vehicular traffic both eastbound and westbound from Hamilton to Market Street.
- Academy Street will be closed northbound from Cannon to Main Street.
- Catherine Street will be closed southbound from Mill to Main Street.
- All parking for this event will be in the Crannell Street parking area beginning at 8:00 a.m.
SUNDAY, JUNE 12, 2016
- From 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Walkway State Historic Park will be open to pedestrians and spectators, but please note that pets, bikes, strollers, roller skates, skateboards, and scooters will be restricted from accessing the park.
- From 6:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. the William R. Steinhaus Dutchess County Rail Trail will be closed to the general public for the Walkway Half and Full Marathon. No unauthorized users will be allowed on the Rail Trails during the time of the race. Designated spectator viewing areas and race route maps can be found at: walkwaymarathon.org.
- From 6:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. the Hudson Valley Rail Trail will be closed from the Walkway’s West Approach to 9W for the Walkway Half and Full Marathon. No unauthorized users will be allowed on the Rail Trails during the time of the race. Designated spectator viewing areas and race route maps can be found at: walkwaymarathon.org.
- Motorists should expect delays in the Fairview Avenue area from 6:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Town of Poughkeepsie roads which will be affected are:
- Fulton St.
- Fairview Ave.
- West Cedar St.
- From 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. there will be a designated 10ft running lane on the eastbound side of Fairview Avenue that will be marked with cones as a Designated Running Lane Only. No cars will be permitted to park in this area during this time.