Walkway Marathon Expo
Walkway Marathon Health and Wellness Expo
presented by Dutchess Tourism, Inc.
Saturday, June 11, 2016
Mid-Hudson Civic Center
14 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
**PACKET PICK UP**
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS can be made for day-of bib pick up. Day-of bib pick up is an ADDITIONAL $25 to the cost of registration. Deadline for day-of bib pick up option is 2 weeks prior to race day.
You will need your registration confirmation email, as well as identification to pick up your race bib. Arrangements can be made in advance for family or friends to pick up your bib with prior notice to the organization.
Parking for the Walkway Marathon Health & Wellness Expo, presented by Dutchess Tourism, Inc. can be found at the following locations:
- Financial Plaza (Parking Garage)—One Civic Center Plaza Poughkeepsie NY 12601
- Dutchess County Department of Motor Vehicles—22 Market Street Poughkeepsie
- Municipal Parking lot on the corner of: Main Street and Rt. 44/Columbus Dr. Pougkeepsie, NY (South of Saint Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church, Lafayette Place Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Municipal Parking on corner of: Hurlihe Street and Cannon Street Poughkeepsie, NY (Behind the Bardavon 1869 Opera House)
- Municipal Parking at intersection of: Catharine Street, Crannell Street and Route 55 Poughkeepsie, NY (In front of The Chance Theater 6 Crannell Street Poughkeepsie)
- City Hall—62 Civic Center Plz Poughkeepsie, NY
- Main Street, Poughkeepsie—Please Note: Prior to 1:00 pm, there will be no available parking due to the THINK DIFFERENTLY Dash
- Off-Street Parking
Please abide by all parking signs. Metered parking on nearby streets until 6:00 p.m.
There will be a clearly marked "Bag Drop" area near the Start Line, and a "Bag Pickup" area near the Finish. Runners must use CLEAR GEAR BAGS - no substitutions! We will have clear bags available at bag drop, but it is highly encouraged that runners bring a clear bag with them.
We cannot be responsible for the contents of your bag, so please do not leave valuables in it. Due to Homeland Security requirements, unattended bags may be confiscated. Please do not leave your bag unattended anywhere outside of the official bag drop area. Any clothing items dropped at the start line or along the course will be donated to Hudson River Housing. We cannot return clothing discarded at the start or along the course.
Recycle Shoe Drive
Have a pair of running shoes that don’t fit just right but are nearly new? As part of our green certification we are soliciting our runners to bring a pair of lightly used running shoes which they’ve retired or do not use anymore. We will have shoe drop-box stations at both the expo on Saturday, June 11th and on race day in the post race tent. All shoes will be donated to The Gail V. Webster Memorial Shelter for the Homeless at Hudson River Housing*, whose mission is to build strong, sustainable communities by developing and preserving quality affordable housing and helping families and individuals obtain and maintain housing through education, advocacy, and support services.
You can recycle your running shoes at:
- The Cornell Cooperative Extension Composting and Recycling information area located in the post-race tent.
*All clothing that is thrown down along the race route will also be picked up, washed and donated to the Gail V. Webster Memorial Shelter for the Homeless.