Please review the following volunteer guidelines stated below. As the marathon draws near, we will provide you with more information about your volunteer role. Once you are registered as a Walkway Marathon volunteer, you will receive a confirmation email and event updates from your volunteer leader.
- Volunteer registration will close on Thursday, June 1, 2017. Volunteers are highly encouraged to register online at http://walkwaymarathon.org/volunteer in advance.
- Children up to the age of 15 are allowed to volunteer if registered and accompanied by a registered adult. There is a lot of activity, and we want everyone to be safe. If you want to volunteer with your child, our water stations are your best option.
- If you need to cancel, prior to race day please contact race director via email email@example.com.
- Please arrive on time for your assignment/s.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assigned shift. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of the runners or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your volunteer lead.
- All volunteers will receive a t-shirt. We will do our best to accommodate size requests.
- If you need to bring a bag, please use clear plastic bags. Small fanny packs are permitted.
- Pets are not permitted.
When you register to volunteer with the Walkway Over the Hudson we ask you to honor these standards of conduct:
- Conduct yourself as a friendly, responsible, informative, and respectful representative of The Walkway Marathon.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants and other volunteers.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering, including in social media postings of any kind.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are prohibited at all Walkway Over the Hudson events.
- Follow the directions of your volunteer lead.